Saturday, January 13, 2018

Card Tutorial with Julie

Hi and welcome to Off The Rails Scrapbooking

Today I am sharing a tutorial on how to create this card


This is what you are going to need.


Score and fold the black cardstock at 6" to make a 6" x 6" card base

Using the 5 1/4" x 2 1/2" pieces of cardstock and velum, mark down from the top 1/2" and in from the sides 1/2" and cut the corners off to make a tag shape.

Attach the velum to the cardstock. I used glue behind the pattern on the velum to do this so it would not show through the velum


Ink the edges of all your papers.

Using your Crop-o-dile, or similar, attach your eyelet to the tag.

Thread the ribbon through and secure in place. I have used a staple because my ribbon was very short but you could tie it off if you have longer ribbon.


Attach the 5 1/2" piece of cardstock centrally to the 5 3/4" piece of patterned paper

Then attach the 5 1/4" piece of patterned paper on top of the 5 1/2" piece


Using the square pieces of paper, attach the 2 1/2" piece centrally on top of the 2 3/4" piece and the 2 1/4" piece on top of that.


Layer the scalloped circle and the circles as shown


Assemble your greeting. I have made my greeting mat 1/4" wider and longer than the greeting


These are the items you should now have.


Attach the tag to the large square assembly 1/2" from the left hand edge and 1/2" from the bottom edge.

I found that I had to use glue to do this as the d/s tape did not want to stick to the glittered paper I had used.


Take the small square assembly and run it through your Big Shot (or similar) with an embossing folded to add a little bit of dimension.


Attach this to your card panel 1 1/2" from bottom and 7/8" from right hand edge


Attach the circle assembly 3/4" from the bottom and 1 1/4" from the left edge using foam tape.


Attach sentiment in a suitable place according to your sentiment size. I have stuck mine 1 3/8" from the bottom and 1 1/2" from the right hand edge.


Add brads to the top right hand corner approx 1/2" apart.

Attach the card panel to the card base and you are done.

If you used a dark colour for your card base you may want to add a light coloured cardstock to the inside of the card so you can write your message. I will write my message using a white gel pen.


Hope you have found this tutorial interesting and I would love to see your makes if you decide to give it a try

Till next time
Hugs
Julie


2 comments :

  1. Thanks Rosemary. I made this card for my Mum for her birthday. She was very pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete