Thursday, May 18, 2017

Watercolour technique with Joan



Joan here today sharing a "Watercolor Technique".


For this watercolor technique I started my using a wash of orange watercolor in the upper right hand corner and on the left side of the page.  I just used a set of Crayola watercolors, you know the kind you buy for kids.




I wanted to create some texture so while the watercolor was still wet I used a piece of plastic wrap and scrunched it on top of the watercolor areas.  This was the hard part.  First fighting with the plastic wrap and second letting it set while it dried completely.


This is the result of the plastic wrap over the watercolor.  I love the added texture.


Next I used a stencil and applied some Super Heavy Gesso randomly on the page.


I'm not very patient so I used a heat gun to speed up the drying time. 



For my creative process I went through my stash and pulled any items that I thought might work for this page.  Through the process of elimination I finally decide what papers and embellishments I was going to use.


After putting the page together I decided it was missing something so I found the perfect ink and did some stamping around the edges.


Not quite satisfied with the page I added some mist and gathered some flowers ... just in case.


Adding the flowers to this page was the finishing touch that it needed.








Thanks for visiting.
We hope you'll get a chance to play along with our challenge this month.

Joan






1 comment :

  1. I really love this page Joan, the colours are vibrant and fresh!!!

    ReplyDelete