Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Some tips to use when creating all those SPORTS pages.


Hi Bev here today... I am a sports page nut and over time have used so many themed papers and over the years have had to come up with different ways to use unthemed paper collections to create more sports pages... so today I thought I'd share some tips and techniques I use to get the pages done.


Supply list:
Creative Embellishments Products
Stamp: Distress Corner 
Chipboards: The Love of Hockey, Chevron  Border
Other: paper The Rubber Buggy Maja Design Sommartider, ink, washi tape, film overlay, brads


This page is for hockey. Lots of sports pages are better when the colours match the team jersey colours and not even the themed papers give you that option. On this page I chose to use black/white/gray tones and some yellow. I tend to grab patterns with stripes, lines, dots of many sizes or even chevrons. I then chose for this page to cut out a shaped background to make a base pattern to layer behind the photos.  I then have the yellow accent paper to mat section behind photos too.


Where the yellow is going you don't even have to add the shapes that won't show.


I then lay out my page with photos, pull some accents and then work forward from there.  You can see I then added some stamped grungy ink images in lots of areas around the outer edges of the main section. I opted to add a 2 colour border through the centre also. To add more photos I often cut smaller circular photos and matt them to fit into the photo cluster. 
Next are some accents. There are a lot more sport accents available for all sports but I often tend to grab some standard shape pieces, often brads and washi tape, gears etc that go with almost any page. Other items if you have them in your stash are clear frames, other frames, and even mesh, cork and burlap to make amazing texturing for your page.


I used chipboards for my title and chevron accent. Notice the ink stamping and clear photo frame in this section too.


Chipboard chevrons and ink stamping up close in this section.


For this clustered corner I added washi tape and brads.


Here is the close up of the small matted circular photo.

Thanks for joining me today... hope some of these tips make creating your sports pages that much easier.


1 comment :