Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Fabric and Paper Mini Album with Carol

Hi, everyone. Carol here today, sharing my project. Today is my home country, Singapore's 51st birthday. So for all fellow Singaporeans, Happy National Day!! Blessed to be able to share my project here today.

I made my first fabric and paper mini album. Been wanting to do one and to try my hands on sewing through both fabric and papers. I used Graphic45 Glided Lady paper collection.

"Glided Lady" Fabric Album


Sewn the album cover with my favorite fabric and lace fabric and a padding inside. Then I sewn laces around all edges. Punched 2 holes in middle, added eyelets and elastic strings to bind the inside pages together.


I used a mixture of fabric and papers and laces throughout the mini album. I sewn the first piece of fabric or paper down on each sheets (both the top and back pages) before I adhered down the rest of papers and laces.


I added a crochet flower that I crocheted, added Prima flower as centre and 2 other Prima flowers to embellish the cover. Pop up the centre cutout with foam tape. Below are all the inside pages.


I'm not a perfect nor experienced seamstress at all. I'm quite an amateur when come to machine sewing. And I used to have a fear for machine sewing. But I'm glad that I managed to overcome the fear. There's many imperfections throughout my album but I love the imperfections. And also love the raw edges of all the fabrics.




So don't be afraid to try new things. I'm glad that finally I done up my very first fabric cum paper mini album.



Hope you enjoy my sharing of my project. Have fun crafting. Do join us for this month's challenge , "Black and Anything Goes".

Thanks for dropping by.

1 comment :

  1. So lovely this album!!! Thaks for sharing! I loved!!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete