Thursday, August 25, 2016

Bright on Black with Peg

Hi All
Peg here with a 'Black & Anything Goes' page today.
I love creating with black as it makes bright colours really pop.

For this page I started with black cardstock, a Prima stencil and some Colour Blast paste in yellow over a very watery gesso background patch. Because my photos were so bright and colourful, yet taken at night, I wanted to bring in lots of colour but not really lighten the page. This was achieved by splattering (slightly watered down) acrylic paints. 


To make it really sparkle I added a top coat of Tattered Angels
Glimmer Glam in chandelier.

Then I added some Hambly transparencies and Dresden German Foil borders top and bottom, my photos (the bottom strip was printed on a 8" x 12" with 2" x 2" pics and folded to sand the edges), a Thickers foil title, and some journalling with a 1.0mm Uniball white pen. A little Dymo and a Tim Holtz word strip finished it off.

It's the messiest page I've done in ages, I had paint all over me, my apron, AND my clothes by the time I was done. Still, I reckon it was worth it!

So here's the graphic, click on it to go to the challenge post.
You can upload your creation on the side bar, still a few days left.
The prize is a gorgeous Memory Maze gift pack.

Good luck!
Thanks for coming by.




4 comments :